|Photo courtesy of Ryan Clark's Tweet @RealRClark25|
Clark explained on his radio show earlier this week that he and Polamalus like to go to the stadium early, with the team trainers, ahead of the team bus. It gives them time to relax, get organized and get acclimated. Seems like a good idea.
|Jersey Shore: The real reality show.|
As for the game itself, it's the marquee game of the day, of course, with the spotlight on franchise quarterbacks Eli Manning vs. Ben Roethlisberger. The quarterbacks alone make this game worth watching, but there's much more.
We worry a bit about the Steelers' special teams (as always); the possible effectiveness of the running game with a not-100 percent Isaac Redman and Rashard Mendenhall; and an exceptional front four on the Giants' defense that has 21 sacks and 16 interceptions. The Steelers' takeaways on defense pale by comparison.
Other than that, the Steelers have a lot going for them today. Seriously. The Giants' defense has surrendered a ton of big plays; the Steelers have shown all season that they can carry time-of-possession; and Mike Wallace is due for a big day. We're cautiously optimistic, despite the home field advantage for the Giants and the inevitable wave of emotion and intensity given what happened in their backyard during the past seven days. It should be interesting.
Gameday Links to Read This Afternoon
- In New Jersey, The Star-Ledger's Jorge Castillo highlights three key matchups from the Giants' point of view The No. 1 concern is stopping Heath Miller.
- Behind the Steel Curtain offers its usual excellent preview.
- The venerable Sean's Ramblings offers NFL picks.
- The Post-Gazette's Blog 'n Gold presents its lively Game Chat.
- Nice Pick Cowher covers all the angles.
- Steelers Depot is all over it, with a prediction and seven keys to the game.