|Jack Splat wouldn't stand for this.|
- The defense may not have lost the game, but the defense didn't win the game, either. No takeaways. Again. Not enough of a pass rush. Again. Failure to get off the field on third down in crucial situations. Just like last year. Allowing a torturous 12-play scoring drive just before halftime -- a drive marked by 11 running plays. During that drive, for the most part, the Titans rammed the ball between the tackles and right up the heart of the Steelers' defense. That sort of thing cannot be allowed to continue.
- Consider the quality of the opposing quarterback (Jake Locker). The Steelers will see better quarterbacks, and better receivers, starting next Monday night in Cincinnati. Whether Andy Dalton is better than Jake Locker may be debatable, but there is no doubt that Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green is much better than Kenny Britt, Nate Washington and Kendall Wright (who was not 100 percent vs. the Steelers in any case). Joe Flacco and Aaron Rodgers are also on the Steelers' schedule this year, and one thing's for sure: They're way, way better than Jake Locker.
The defense has to do more.
Links Worth a Look:
- Behind the Steel Curtain: Are we witnessing the fall of the House of Colbert?
- Steel City Blitz: Did the Direction of the Steelers Turn on One Awful Night?
- Steel Curtain Rising: Steelers Roll Snake Eyes
- That's Church: What They're Really Thinking: Burst Bubble Edition
- Steelers Depot: Steelers Defense Still Lacks Splash
- Bob Labriola: Labriola on Loss to the Titans
- Steel City Blitz: Stop with the Bring Back Cowher Nonsense