Yesterday's listless loss to the forlorn, woebegone Houston Astros before a nice Labor Day crowd at PNC Park did nothing to encourage hope that a turnaround is in the works.
The watch continues:
- Right now, for the season, with a record of 70-64, the Bucs are six games over .500.
- As of today, they would have to go 11-17 to finish the season at .500.
- In August, they were 11-17, six games under .500.
- They've lost 10 of their last 13 games. They've lost four in a row and are 0-3 in September.
- So, at this pace, with 28 games to go, yes, it appears they could finish below .500 for the season -- yet again -- and what an ignominious, disappointing and humiliating finish that would be.
C'mon, Buccos, right the ship, for crying out loud! This team is still in the Wild-Card Race!